A glass of fresh lemonade is always a welcome relief on a hot sunny day. I remember I started making lemon juice on my own when I was around 10 years old, but my daughter who’s just 7 surprised me the other day, by preparing this refreshing juice. And she even presented it with a straw and a slice of lemon. Now our family has totally stopped tea in the evenings and look forward to a chilled glass of lemon juice prepared by my daughter.
Now, if you are a person who likes experimenting with your cold drinks, then here is a refreshing way to do so. This summer, try this cucumber lemonade, with the freshness of cucumber, mint and lemon. There are many variations to this drink you can try, apart from the one mentioned below like use honey to sweeten the drink instead of sugar. Why think of only sweet juices, you could completely skip the sugar and spice up the drink with some black pepper powder and chaat masala.
What you'll need
- Cucumber – 2 cups, peeled and chopped
- Mint – 8 to 10 Leaves
- Lemon Juice – 1 tbsp *
- Sugar – 2 tbsp*
- Salt – ½ tsp
- Water – 1.5 cup
- Ice Cubes
- In a blender, add the cucumber pieces, mint leaves, sugar and salt and grind.
- Strain using a fine strainer, add the water while straining.
- Add the ice cubes in serving glasses and pour the drink over it. Serve chilled, garnished with a cucumber slice and sprig of fresh mint.
- Adjust lemon juice and sugar according to taste.
- For a variation, skip the sugar and spice it up with some black pepper and chat masala.